Neurological Conditions in Tucson, Phoenix, and Goodyear, AZ That We Treat
Neurology is a diverse field. Whether genetic or acquired, acute or chronic, the conditions associated with the brain and spinal cord are many and varied. As a multi-specialty neurology group, it is Western Neuro’s mission to offer our patients centrally located expertise in these many fields that allows for the accurate diagnosis and effective treatment of both common and rare neurological conditions in Tucson, Phoenix, and Goodyear, Arizona.
Following are some of the many conditions that our team of neurologists and neurosurgeons treat each and every day:
- Dementia & Alzheimer’s: We understand that memory loss can be one of the most concerning symptoms that a patient experiences. Dementia describes a number of conditions that are associated with significant decline in multiple cognitive skills, including Alzheimer’s disease.
- Epilepsy: Epilepsy occurs when nerve cells fire their signals abnormally, resulting in a seizure. Not all seizures indicate epilepsy, and more people suffer from nonepileptic seizures from various causes that are not epilepsy. This is typically a lifelong disorder that can’t be cured, but it can be managed.
- Movement Disorders: Movement disorders are neurological conditions that affect the body’s ability to move normally. This includes body movements that are too slow, too small, or lacking (without weakness), or there is an excess of abnormal involuntary movements.
- Neuro System Tumors: Neuro system tumors are abnormal growths in the cells of the brain or spine. The tumors can be benign or malignant, and malignant tumors can spread to other areas of the body.
- Neuromuscular Disorders: Neuromuscular disorders include a wide spectrum of nerve-related diseases and conditions affecting the body’s voluntary muscles. These disorders typically can’t be cured, but can be managed to improve quality and length of life.
- Spinal Cord Disorders: Most spinal disorders are caused by degenerative aging, trauma, cancer, or infection, with symptoms depending on the location and cause of the disorder.
- Stroke & Neurovascular: While much is known about the causes of stroke and neurovascular conditions, they can be difficult to diagnose during routine medical care. When these conditions do arise, they typically do so very suddenly and are often life threatening or debilitating.
- Trauma & Critical Care: Traumatic injury to the brain or spinal cord can occur as the result of a car accident, sports injury, slip and fall, firearm violence, and more. These injuries can be devastating and cause permanent disability, and timely treatment from a skilled physician is imperative for the best outcome.
- Chronic Pain: Chronic pain can be mild to severe and lasts longer than three to six months. It can sometimes persist after an injury has healed due to changes in the tissue or nervous system and can be difficult to diagnose and treat, even with medication and surgeries.
If you are seeking treatment for a neurological condition in Phoenix, Arizona or the surrounding areas, see the knowledgeable and skilled medical team at Western Neuro. Call us today at (480) 428-3376 in Phoenix or (888) 388-7110 in Tucson to schedule a consultation.