Neurological Conditions in Goodyear, AZ
Neurology is a diverse field. Whether genetic or acquired, acute or chronic, the conditions associated with the brain and spinal cord are many and varied. As a multi-specialty neurology group, it is Western Neuro’s mission to offer our patients centrally located expertise in these many fields that allows for the accurate diagnosis and effective treatment of both common and rare neurological conditions.
Our team of neurologists and neurosurgeons provide treatment for neurological conditions in Goodyear, Arizona each and every day. Some of the many conditions that we have experience in treating include:
• Dementia & Alzheimer’s: Describes a number of conditions that are associated with significant decline in multiple cognitive skills, including Alzheimer’s disease.
• Epilepsy: Occurs when nerve cells fire their signals abnormally, resulting in a seizure.
• Movement Disorders: Neurological conditions affecting the body’s ability to move normally, including body movements that are too slow, too small, or lacking (without weakness), or an excess of abnormal involuntary movements.
• Neuro System Tumors: Abnormal growths in the cells of the brain or spine that can be benign or malignant, and malignant tumors can spread to other areas of the body.
• Neuromuscular Disorders: Includes a wide spectrum of nerve-related diseases and conditions affecting the body’s voluntary muscles.
• Spinal Cord Disorders: Usually caused by degenerative aging, trauma, cancer, or infection, with symptoms depending on the location and cause of the disorder.
• Stroke & Neurovascular: These conditions can be difficult to diagnose during routine medical care and typically arise very suddenly and are often life threatening or debilitating.
• Trauma & Critical Care: Traumatic brain or spinal cord injury can occur as the result of a car accident, sports injury, slip and fall, firearm violence, and more, and can be devastating and cause permanent disability, making timely treatment from a skilled physician imperative.
• Chronic Pain: Is mild to severe and lasts longer than three to six months and can be difficult to diagnose and treat.
If you are seeking treatment for a neurological disorder in Goodyear, see the knowledgeable and skilled medical team at Western Neuro. Call us today at (480) 428-3376 to schedule a consultation.